I was going to wait and post this next week, but when I found out today was National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day, I just couldn’t delay. It’s important to celebrate holidays, after all, especially when they’re food-related.
These peanut butter & jelly ice cream sandwiches couldn’t be any easier – just three ingredients! They’re a fun play on the traditional sandwich we all know and love, and they’re something you can easily make with your kids. With the addition of ice cream, it’s also a perfect summer treat. You can make this with store-bought cookies, or you can make my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe, but either way you’ll end up with a tasty new twist on an old classic.
- 24 Peanut butter cookies
- 4 cups of vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup of grape preserves or jam
- In a large bowl, scoop out four cups of your favorite vanilla ice cream. Let it soften for 5-10 minutes until you're able to mix the ice cream easily with a spoon but it hasn't fully melted.
- Mix in ¾ cup of the grape preserves and stir well until the ice cream has taken on a lavender color.
- Drizzle the remaining ¼ cup of preserves on top of the ice cream mixture and barely swirl these into the ice cream, creating a slightly marbled effect.
- Cover the ice cream and freeze it for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Take one peanut butter cookie and scoop a layer of ice cream on to it, then top with another peanut butter cookie.